RE: OT : Can anyone recommend a real good flat-bed scanner?

Subject: RE: OT : Can anyone recommend a real good flat-bed scanner?
From: Suzette Seveny <sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com>
To: "'Nickell Traduction'" <nickelltrad -at- autoroute -dot- net>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 09:59:13 -0500

On Thursday, February 17, 2000 8:09 PM, Nickell Traduction
[SMTP:nickelltrad -at- autoroute -dot- net] wrote:
> I am looking for a good flat-bed scanner. I've been told that the quality
> is not so much due to the scanner, but also the software that comes with it.

That is absolutely true. The quality of the scanner has the most effect on
graphics. You need software with OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
capability. I recommend Xerox' Textbridge or Caere Omnipage. Textbridge is my
first choice.

Suzette Seveny
Markham, Ontario, Canada
sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com or suzette -at- yesic -dot- com
DISCLAIMER:
Any opinions expressed are MY opinions.
Feel free to have your own.
Let's agree to disagree