RE: Needing to get RoboHelp

Subject: RE: Needing to get RoboHelp
From: Suzette Seveny <sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com>
To: "'m j'" <marth_jack -at- excite -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 09:43:28 -0500

On Thursday, February 17, 2000 1:05 PM, m j [SMTP:marth_jack -at- excite -dot- com] wrote:
> Have any of you bought software from ebay? There's a copy of RoboHelp 2000
> on ebay and an earlier version. Do you recommend ebay?

I have purchased quite a bit of software from ebay - but there are a couple of
things to keep in mind:

1) Check the rating of the seller to see if anybody has had a negative
experience.
2) If the seller has no history on e-bay - how lucky do you feel?
3) If you win the auction and send your money - keep in mind that you only have
30 days to file a claim with Safe Harbor - their insurance in case you don't
receive what you paid for.
4) Also, you should try and check that the software is legal and can be
registered. I have heard of people on e-bay selling copies of software - last
I heard, that was called pirating.

I should mention that the software I bought (4 times) came from sellers with
good reputations. The last seller I bought from was actually banned from ebay
after the auction, and it seemed to take forever to get my software (almost
2 months). That's how I found about the 30 day limit at Safe Harbor. I did
finally get the software though, and it was brand new and I could register it
(MS Office 2000).

Hope this helps.

Suzette Seveny
Markham, Ontario, Canada
sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com or suzette -at- yesic -dot- com
DISCLAIMER:
Any opinions expressed are MY opinions.
Feel free to have your own.
Let's agree to disagree
But Please - Don't Flame Me.

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Hmmm, neither did I...