RE: any cons to single sourcing?

Subject: RE: any cons to single sourcing?
From: Katav <katav -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: ctraynor -at- cybermation -dot- com, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:24:02 -0800 (PST)

In my world, On Line Help(less) is promoted as a quick
answer format that gives the intelligent user a
reminder of what appears in the in-depth paper (or
on-line, preferably hyper-active PDF print-on-demand)
manual.

I suppose it _ can _ be done = OLH from a
designed-for-print manual = by setting up the
document similar to a newspaper article:

Headline
Leed paragraph
Commentary

(Yes, Virginia, "leed" is the way old geezers who
worked in the hot type, stone age identify an initial
paragraph.)

The commentary is deleted for the OLH; in its place is
a refer to the commentary's location in the printable
document.

============================
> Hi folks. I'm in the midst of researching single
> sourcing for the purpose
> of putting together a business case. I'm well aware
> of the benefits, but
> how about the other side of the story? Any difficult
> experiences or failed
> attempts to implement a single sourcing process?
>
> Thanks
> Christina
> Barbara Hyde
> barb -dot- hyde -at- ndcorp -dot- com

=====
Katav ( katav -at- yahoo -dot- com )
''Despise not any person and do not deem anything unworthy
of consideration, for there is no person without his hour,
and no thing without its place'' {Ben Azzai [Avot 4:2]}

http://im.yahoo.com