Re: Review Procedure for Documents & online Help

Subject: Re: Review Procedure for Documents & online Help
From: John Cornellier <cornelli -at- stavanger -dot- geoquest -dot- slb -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:21:02 +0100

We produce scientific software. Help is written and programmed
simultaneously with the software, and in the draft stages there may be
informal reviews. Before commercialization, a team of
scientists--trained in the same discipline as our clients--formally and
systematically tests the product. Bugs, according to their nature and
severity, are resolved immediately or at a subsequent release. The help
is included in this process.

After commercialization, clients may submit SMRs (Software Modification
Requests) to a database. Issues may also be identified during training
sessions. The resolution of these issues may implicate the tech writer
(me).