Standards for Documentation of XML?

Subject: Standards for Documentation of XML?
From: Sheldon Kohn <Sheldon -dot- Kohn -at- onlineinsight -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 13:05:42 -0500

Hello All,

The product my company produces uses XML. In the process of developing the
initial technical document for the product, the team as a whole got somewhat
bogged down over the question of the "correct" way to document the XML. We
managed to muddle our way through and found a solution that (mostly)
satisfied the developers.

Now that I am writing the style guide, I hope to include standards for
documenting the XML so that we do not re-visit the topic on the next
project. Does anyone know of or use a "standard" approach to documenting XML
that has support throughout the industry? Short of that, is anyone aware of
a template that works well?

Please feel free to contact me directly. If there is interest, I will
summarize for the list.

TIA!

Sheldon S. Kohn
Senior Technical Writer