RE: Problems Documenting An Application

Subject: RE: Problems Documenting An Application
From: kimber_miller -at- acs-inc -dot- com
To: <pbw3172 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 13:34:08 -0600

Paula:

Since you're documenting the whole system and there are no specs, (and if you
have the choice) I'd begin with a UI spec that describes the features of each
screen (window?). At the same time you're producing that, talk to the client
about the product's purpose. What are the use cases? What are the things that
people do with the software?

Just a simple list to start will help you get out from under the Overwhelm
you're in now, and you'll be able to go from there. The UI description that I
describe, above, will serve the client well as a spec stand-in.

Once you have the list of general use cases, working on the UI description will
help you decide just how many windows there are in each task, what the task
break-out is, etc.

Hopefully, one of these ideas will help.

What a growth experience! %-/

--Kimber

Kimber Miller
kimber_miller -at- acs-inc -dot- com
Affiliated Computer Services
Dallas, Texas
214.887.7408

"This is the final test of a gentleman; his respect for those who can
be of no possible service to him."
--William Lyon Phelps