RE: techwr-l digest: February 22, 2000

Subject: RE: techwr-l digest: February 22, 2000
From: "MacLemale, Laura A. (LNG-MBC)" <Laura -dot- A -dot- MacLemale -at- bender -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 10:47:40 -0500

Suzanne Gerrior asked, "Does anyone know of a software that
will convert a graphic to a font? For example, we have a company logo that
we would like to be able to convert to a font."

Hi Suzanne,

We used Macromedia Fontographer in a typography course that I took last
year. (The main project was designing an original character set on paper,
scanning in the images as graphics, and creating a font in Fontographer from
those images.)

Fontographer seemed to work pretty well for our purposes, although I'm not
any more experienced with the product than that. And I do remember a few
system crashes when using the software, so it's necessary to save your work
constantly.

You can see http://www.macromedia.com/software/fontographer/reviews.html for
more details.

Regards--

Laura A. MacLemale
Technical Communications Coordinator
Matthew Bender, part of LEXIS Publishing
1275 Broadway
Albany, NY 12204
Phone (518) 487-3465
Fax (518) 487-3681
Laura -dot- A -dot- MacLemale -at- bender -dot- com