RE: A good name for the manual?

Subject: RE: A good name for the manual?
From: "Harry Bacheler" <hbacheler -at- geo -dot- census -dot- gov>
To: <reni -at- intellitel -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 10:18:47 -0500

Reni,
Off the top of my head, I would suggest

"(product) Support Technical Guide"

This might ensure that it al least gets looked at if the
other manuals do not have what the 'reader' is looking for.

I would then have the "(product) Support Technical Guide"
divided into SECTIONS. These are arbitrary headings,
but you see the organization "I" would use

1) Introduction
(discussion of the orientation of the "Technical Guide"
2) Configuration Options
3) System Log
4) System Messages
a) Standard Messages (run of the mill system notifications)
b) System Support Messages (paper out, etc)
c) System Control Messages
(this is where you would put - Error Messages, Alarms, etc)
5) System Statistics

(Been there, done that, still have the coffee cup!)

Harry M. Bacheler, Jr.
Consultant
VGS, Inc.

"The thoughts, ideas, and opinions expressed in my portion
of this email are mine and mine alone. They are not the
thoughts, ideas, and/or opinions of any past, present,
or future employers, or any group that I might belong to."