RE: Making a Logo Background Transparent?

Subject: RE: Making a Logo Background Transparent?
From: "Justin Cascio" <justin-paul -dot- geo -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 17:22:58 -0500

Open the file and set it to 256 colors. Increase or decrease color depth as
necessary. Click the dropper button, right click the background color
anywhere in the graphic file. From the Colors menu, choose Set Palette
Transparency. If you're prompted to reduce to one layer, click Yes. Select
Set transparency to current background color, then click OK. When you save
the file, make sure it's in a format that supports transparencies-- either
use it in native PSP format or use a GIF format. (I can't think of any
others that do, offhand)

Justin Cascio, Technical Writer
Email: justin-paul -dot- geo -at- yahoo -dot- com <mailto:justin-paul -dot- geo -at- yahoo -dot- com>
On the web: http://move.to/techwriter
Software documentation and online Help production based in the Tampa Bay,
Florida
(813) 914-7098