RE: Does MSWord's "Total Page # code" suck?

Subject: RE: Does MSWord's "Total Page # code" suck?
From: "RUBOTTOM, AL" <ARUBOTTOM -at- SENSORMATIC -dot- COM>
To: "'Ron Rhodes'" <RRhodes -at- fourthchannel -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 11:36:16 -0800

It used to be you'd repaginate/recompose the doc by paging from top to
bottom of the doc [Ctl-End?], and then back to top again too maybe?, to make
Word repaginate -- i.e., rejigger all its page-codes... haven't used Word to
do big docs in years, so canna promise this is still true, but seems
logical, eh? try it!
You can also turn on/off auto repaginating, or used to be... which can be a
drag in to leave turned on in a big doc, since every edit or move forces a
repag, but in shorter docs you'll see the correct page numbers, which can be
helpful -- but it's not a big prob if'n you recompose oncet in a while to
git it likkered up.
[haven't loaded up my Office/Wird 2000 git-up yet, so's I kin't say as how I
know how the new boy rides...]
yeehaw,
Al-billy-bob