RE: Worthless Tech Comm Degrees

Subject: RE: Worthless Tech Comm Degrees
From: Roy Jacobsen <rjacobse -at- GreatPlains -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 08:45:30 -0600

Jane,
I think you might have misunderstood Andrew. (And don't feel bad; you
wouldn't be the first to misunderstand him. :-)

What I got from Andrew's rant was that the choice of tool used to create a
document is at best secondary to the quality of the information it conveys.
A disorganized, obfuscated muddle is still going to be a disorganized,
obfuscated muddle, whether it was written with FrameMaker or with a #2
pencil on Post-it Notes (R).

You see, Andrew has this crazy idea that content matters. I agree with him
on that point. (And he does create content, besides running an agency.)

Regards,
Roy M. Jacobsen
Documentation Supervisor
Great Plains
1701 38th Street Southwest
Fargo, ND 58103
USA

"[The Y2K bug] was sorta like dodge ball. You hardly ever get hit by the
ball you see." -- Patricia Jacobsen (age 12)