Re: Quotes Around Messages?

Subject: Re: Quotes Around Messages?
From: "Tom Murrell" <tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 09:18:11 -0500

>From: "Rebecca" <rebeccam -at- envworld -dot- com>

> Software Documenters:
>
> Do you put quotation marks around a reference to a system-generated message?
> If not, how do you set it apart from other text?

We use a monotype font, generally Courier New. Since our normal
documentation font is a serif font, Courier generally sets the
computer-generated messages apart in our documentation format. If we need
to do more

We'll generally drop the message onto its own line. Like this.

Tom Murrell
Senior Technical Writer
Alliance Data Systems, Inc.