Re: SHED'd graphics question

Subject: Re: SHED'd graphics question
From: Dan Azlin <dazlin -at- mediaone -dot- net>
To: gyaker -at- csc -dot- com, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 21:06:02 -0500

Get a copy of the SHED2 editor. This was a freebie from MS before they
abandoned compiled WinHelp for HTML help. Your should be able to download a
copy from http://www.helpmaster.com/

This editor has the ability to replace the bitmap portion of the shed file.
It's a great timesaver and should help with your problem.

Dan Azlin

At 03:39 PM 3/2/00 -0500, gyaker -at- csc -dot- com wrote:

>Although it's not working, I'm trying to remain calm here.
>
>I was told earlier this afternoon I will have to use an entirely new
dataset for
>the screenshots in my help document.
>
>As it stands, the bulk of the images in this help document are SHED files so
>that users can click on these screen shots to show the pop-up help.
>
>The graphics originally were .bmp's inserted into the help documents (btw,
I'm
>using RoboHelp 5.5) with the 'insert graphic' button on the robohelp toolbar.
>After they were inserted into the document, I would use the SHED editor to
add
>20-30 hotspots per graphic.
>
>Since only the dataset that has changed, theoretically I can futz with the
>screens to make them appear as if different data was there. Here's my
problem:
>It seems that once a bitmap has been SHED'd, it is nolonger a true bitmap and
>can not be edited. Is this true?
>
>Is there any application that will let me edit the image content (colors of
>discrete pixels) while leaving the dimensions and number of hotspots intact?
>

>Gil Yaker
>gyaker -at- csc -dot- com
>Computer Sciences Corporation
>Federal Black Lung Project
>

>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>Sponsored by Weisner Associates Inc., Online Information Services
>Training & consulting for RoboHELP, Dreamweaver, HTML, and HTML-Based Help.
>More info at http://www.weisner.com/train/ or mailto:training -at- weisner -dot- com -dot-
>
>Sponsored by the PDF 2000 Conference featuring Thomas Merz and Shlomo Perets.
>Register by March 15 and save 22 percent off the regular conference price.
See
>http://www.pdfconference.com for program schedule and registration
information.

>---
>You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: dazlin -at- mediaone -dot- net
>Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit
>http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.

Dan Azlin ** WORD ENGINEERS, Technical Writing & Publishing **
dazlin -at- mediaone -dot- net 7 Myrtle Street
ph/fax 978-921-8908 Beverly, MA 01915-3315