SUMMARY: Touch Screens

Subject: SUMMARY: Touch Screens
From: "LEHR" <Joerg -dot- Lehr -at- biotronik -dot- de>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 13:55:56 MEZ

Hi,

thank you very much for your feedback.

I should have mentioned that our device is controlled by a pen (not a
click pen as used for tableaus (?)). The pen is there mainly because
the elements of the UI are too small to be precisely touched by my
finger, for instance.

The verb recommended most was "touch". Some colleagues though
remarked that for palm tops the word used is "tap". This is also
the word I finally found in: The Windows Interface Guidelines for
Software Design by Microssoft Press. Finally, "tap" conincides
with the noise you hear when you place the plastic pen on the
hard plastic surface of the device screen.

With best regards and wishes

Joerg Lehr
- Technical Editor -
Tachyarrhythmia Therapy Dept.
BIOTRONIK Biomedical

tel.: +49 30 689 05 374
fax.: +49 30 689 05 370
mailto:joerg -dot- lehr -at- biotronik -dot- de
BIOTRONIK GmbH & Co.
Woermannkehre 1
D 12359 Berlin
Germany