RE: In search of a term

Subject: RE: In search of a term
From: "Leslie Johnson (Meridian Partners Ltd.)" <a-leslij -at- microsoft -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 07:25:12 -0800

Hi Beth,

What's in the intermediate level? I assume that the Product level contains
conceptual or overview information about the product, and the Module level
contains prodedural or task information. Does this mean that the
intermediate level contains information about how some of the modular
information is grouped (or used) together?

Also, how are these terms being used? Are they being used by the doc team to
refer to specific types of information, or are they being used in the docs
themselves? If these terms are being used in the docs themselves, perhaps it
might be more appropriate to use the actual names of the tasks or groups of
tasks rather than calling the information "Product", "Module Group" (or
whatever) and "Module". I've never seen documentation successfully
generalize the information in this way, without giving the user some hint
about navigating through the docs and tying the doc information to the
application.

Good luck Beth! It's always tough to come up with that "perfect term"
that'll solve all the problems!

Leslie Johnson
MPL2.com
Seattle