Re: FWD: Team Leading

Subject: Re: FWD: Team Leading
From: "Marc A. Santacroce" <epubs -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: anonfwd -at- raycomm -dot- com, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 09:43:25 -0800

The situation of working with or supervising another person who was also in contention for you management position is difficult. No too long ago I was selected from outside the company for a doc management position when there was another person, already in the company, who was also qualified. I asked the interviewers, and the individual, why this person was not being considered, and they all told me that she did not want the job.

I took the position, the 'other' person was a constant source of conflict, almost from the beginning.

In retrospect, it would have been better to have found her another suitable position in the company, not under my supervision.

Also, another member of the team was in the running for my position.
She's been fine since the result was announced, but I know she's a bit
disappointed. I'm not quite sure how to handle relations with this
colleague, and feel a bit awkward around her. Especially as the other
team members know that we were in competition for the role.

Marc A. Santacroce
Senior Technical Writer,
ePubs, Inc.

I love it here;
..there's no where I'd rather be,
.....there's nothing I'd rather be doing,
........and no one I'd rather be doing it with.