Re: "Schrouded" Source Code?

Subject: Re: "Schrouded" Source Code?
From: "Sandy Harris" <sharris -at- dkl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 08:49:23 -0500

"Duerfeldt, Mark" wrote:

> Has anyone ever heard of the term "schrouded" in the sense used below?
> (Please forgive the passive voice; I didn't write this!)
>
> "If the software is written in an interpreted or real-time compiled
> language, move the schrouded or raw source."
>
> I thought perhaps the word was "shrouded", but I'm hearing that the original
> author claims it's correct the way it is. I'm not a programmer, so I looked
> on the Internet, but the only instances I found were a misspelled "shroud"
> usage.
>
> Anyone??

I've seen 'shrouded' used this way, to mean code that has been garbled
so you can use it but not modify it easily. Methinks your author has
nisspelled the word.

Training & consulting for RoboHELP, Dreamweaver, HTML, and HTML-Based Help.
More info at http://www.weisner.com/train/ or mailto:training -at- weisner -dot- com -dot-

Your web site in 32 languages? Maybe not now, but sooner than you think.
Contact ForeignExchange for the FREE paper, "3 steps to successful
translation management" (http://www.fxtrans.com/3steps.html?tw).

---
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: jorgeprado -at- arnet -dot- com -dot- ar