Alignment of figures and tables

Subject: Alignment of figures and tables
From: Jennifer laiks <jlaiks -at- prioritycall -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:23:56 -0500

We are setting up new style guidelines for our books and wondered how most
people lay out figures and tables on the page. Do you center small figures
or left-align them with text? Do you center the captions or left-align
them with the figures? Do you treat callouts as part of the figure graphic
when you left or center align?

The questions regarding tables are the same. Do you left-align or center
them? Do you left-align the headers or center them over the tables?

- Jennifer