Re: Plain Old Text

Subject: Re: Plain Old Text
From: Scottie Lover <iluvscotties -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: <tf -at- malcolmsmith -dot- net>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 08:04:32 -0500

At 07:15 PM 03/10/2000 +0200, tf -at- malcolmsmith -dot- net wrote:
>Is it possible to just write your documents in
>plain old b-flat ascii text, and then transfer it
>to, say, Word, or Framemaker for formatting?

I do this a lot. My text editor remains a million times faster than any
word processor (both to load and to use to quickly edit or skim a file),
the files are dramatically smaller, etc.

What *I* have found (YMMV) is that the most practical arrangement is to
create a new document in Word (so it automatically imports all my favorite
fonts and settings), import the file in question, highlight the entire text
and change that to whichever font/size I want, and save it to my new file
name. Then I begin playing with it and making any desired formatting
modifications.

"Scottie"
(The Scottish Terrier Lover)