Re: Batch resizing GIF screen shots

Subject: Re: Batch resizing GIF screen shots
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Derk Ederveen <ederveen -at- hotmail -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 07:18:43 -0800 (PST)

Here's what I did.

I'm creating a test document where the approach I'm
takin is that if you do X steps, Y screen is
displayed.

Therefore, I have a series of screens, all different
size.

1) I used Snagit to capture the screen to a gif
2) I created a table with the column width the size
that I wanted to make each graphic. In your case, make
one 430 pixels across, then make the column that size.
3) I made the column left justified.
4) I imported the graphics.
5) I clicked once on each graphic, grabbed the upper
right corner of the image, and dragged it so that the
graphic went from edge to edge.

Now, all the graphics, regardless of their original
size, were the same width.

6) Clicking on each graphic once, I could copy to
clipboard and paste the graphic into anything I
wanted.

--- Derk Ederveen <ederveen -at- hotmail -dot- com> wrote:
> We have a pile of 16 color GIF screen shots of
> various width (e.g. 800 or
> 1000 pixels). We're looking for a way to
> automatically convert them to, say,
> 430 pixels (maintaining aspect ratio).

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin

http://im.yahoo.com