RE: Are we WRITERS????

Subject: RE: Are we WRITERS????
From: "Justin Cascio" <justin-paul -dot- geo -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 18:21:21 -0500

I'm with Christopher Gultch on this one-- English is what it is because of
how it's used by real live speakers and writers of the language. A
dictionary, a grammar and usage guide, a style guide, can only attempt to
pin down the currently accepted standards, not be a law by which English is
governed indefinitely.

Justin