Re: Average Length of TW Resume

Subject: Re: Average Length of TW Resume
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Techwrl-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 19:53:22 -0800 (PST)

> Ah, but unscrupulous headhunters will add all kinds of skills and
> experience you really don't possess. At one interview, I insisted that I
> did not know something -- only to have the interviewer say, "But it is on
> your resume!" He showed it to me as rewritten by the headhunter. I
> immediately handed him my REAL resume, and made it a point to do so at
> every subsequent interview.

I hate to say this - but a lot of headhunters do this. And I agree, it is
superslimy. I've even caught a few recruiters at my company trying to do this
so they could make a deal. They got a lecture from me about customer service
and life as an EX-Anitian employee.

The poster is correct - always take your original resume with you to an
interview. That way, if the headhunter edited you, the client can see they're
working with a crappy headhunter.

Although - don't be surprised if recruiters strip out your address or contact
info. We have to do this sometimes to keep new clients (who we don't know real
well) from flanking us.

Andrew Plato

http://im.yahoo.com