RE: Average Length of TW Resume

Subject: RE: Average Length of TW Resume
From: "Michael West" <mwest -at- oz -dot- quest -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 14:41:46 +1000

Harry Bacheler wrote:

> If you are favorable connected, you 'headhunter will take your resume, and
> compress it. Then when you get to the client, you can "tell it
> like it is."

They'll "compress it" if you're lucky. What I've seen from recruitment
agencies is more like putting it through a trash compactor.

Avoid by any means possible having an agency re-write your resume! When I'm
hiring, the resume * is * the qualification (for the interview at least). If
I know a recruiter has had his hands on it, I will probably give the poor
victim a second chance, but I will not be favorably predisposed.

I always ask to see the candidate's *real* resume. Agencies who won't send it
to me don't get my business.

Michael West
Melbourne