RE: Word vs. FrameMaker

Subject: RE: Word vs. FrameMaker
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 13:33:53 -0500

I recommend you review the archives. I use FrameMaker for everything.
However, if your client has a process in place, why take the time to change
it? Word will probably work okay for such short books. You do have a
learning curve ahead of you if you've not used Word before, though.

I suppose the answer lies in what is most cost effective for your client
and, long term, what switching to FrameMaker would do for them. For example,
it might make future updates to documentation easier and faster but it might
lock them into needing a consultant for everything.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com