RE: should be a tool list serv...

Subject: RE: should be a tool list serv...
From: "Kevin Shea" <kfshea -at- sci-techconsult -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 11:16:38 -0600

this ain't a flame...

The things that I find helpful about discussions of tools and problems with
them:

1) I don't have to subscribe to a different list for every tool I use

2) the problems presented on a professional list like this tend to be higher
level, rather than newbie, problems

3) a lot of times the problems that are presented are specific to this
community, ie, the kind of problems a tech writer would have using Acrobat
or whatever, so the resultant discussion on how to fix it is on point.

Although I do find it a pain to see discussions of tools I don't use beat to
death, I consider it the (small) price to pay in return for a lot of
information that is very useful to me.

Kevin

Kevin F. Shea
kfshea -at- sci-techconsult -dot- com