FWD: Good Company Fit

Subject: FWD: Good Company Fit
From: anonfwd -at- raycomm -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 20:31:17 -0600 (MDT)

With all these experienced interviewers, I'm hoping someone has some good
advice for what questions to ask that might help indicate if a company is
a good fit for a prospective employee. I tend to get so involved with
convincing a prospective employer that I will fit with them that I forget
all about finding out if the company will fit with me; consequently, I
don't really know what questions to ask. I was extremely happy to get my
current job, but I have since discovered that there isn't enough work to
keep me busy. In addition, my role here is nothing like what I was led to
believe it would be - I was hired as a writer, but that role has dwindled
to little more than proofreader. Would asking interviewers, "Is there
enough work here for all the tech writers?" make me sound incredibly dense
(since presumably they wouldn't be hiring if they didn't need the help,
but I've found that it isn't necessarily so)? I was thinking I could ask
interviewers to explain what they see as my role in the TW department
specifically and the company generally, but beyond that, I'm stuck.

I appreciate your ideas!

Forwarded anonymously on request. If you want the
original poster to see your response, you must reply
to the TECHWR-L list. All direct replies to this
message are automatically discarded. Contact Eric
ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com with questions.