RE: Information Design Books?

Subject: RE: Information Design Books?
From: "Michael West" <mwest -at- oz -dot- quest -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 17:14:44 +1000

Eric Thomas wrote:

> Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone here has a favorite book on
> information organization for technical writers?

Hi Eric,

I 'll suggest the following as good places to start.

"Microsoft Windows User Experience" (ISBN 0-7356-0566). See Chapter 13, "User
Assistance". Even if you're not developing for Windows, the principles are
sound and well presented.

"Developing Quality Technical Information" (ISBN 0-13-790320-0). Despite the
annoying title, this is a great book by Gretchen Hargis that gives you loads
of sound practical advice about organizing, labelling and presenting user
assistance material both online and in print.

Regards,
Mike West
Melbourne