RE: Of Mice and Morons

Subject: RE: Of Mice and Morons
From: "Michael West" <mwest -at- oz -dot- quest -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 17:47:09 +1000

Andrew Plato wrote:

> Your job as a writer is to transform readers from a drooling morons to
> semi-educated people. The utmost respect you can give your reader
> is to write them text that even a moron could understand.

No. My job as a writer is to help my employer's customers do what they need
to do, quickly and easily, using the products for which they have spent good
money.

Reading this list, I sometimes think I have stumbled into a Monty Python
sketch instead of a professional forum. Contempt for one's audience is not
mitigated by extending it into a general contempt for everyone including
one's self and one's profession.

Michael West
Melbourne