Runbook vs. run book, and why?

Subject: Runbook vs. run book, and why?
From: "Walker, Cheryl L" <cheryl -dot- l -dot- walker -at- intel -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 13:09:56 -0700

My team is creating a runbook for the first time, and we're not sure if
"runbook" is one word or two. I searched the archives of this list and found
a couple of opinions, but no one gave a reason why. (Heck, if all we have to
go on is opinions, my team already has plenty of those!)

I also searched the following references (from a post by Sandy Harris), but
none of them contained the term.

Free Online Dictionary of Computing:
http://nightflight.com/foldoc/

Dictionary of Computer Science:
http://hissa.ncsl.nist.gov/~black/CRCDict/

General technology glossary:
http://www.trinity.edu/rjensen/245gloss.htm

The "Hacker's Dictionary", computer slang and folklore:
http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/

Thanks,

Cheryl Walker
Technical Writer