RE: Creating master docs (Word 2000 NT) with INCLUDETEXT

Subject: RE: Creating master docs (Word 2000 NT) with INCLUDETEXT
From: David Chisma <dchisma -at- retaildir -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "'Patricia Robertson'" <probertson -at- Frictionless -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 11:33:55 +1000

Dave Chisma wrote:

Hi Patricia,

Here's a couple of things you might check:

First, use the Save As command in your main document before you try to
update the INCLUDETEXT field.
Update the INCLUDETEXT field by clicking in the message "Error! Cannot open
file." and pressing F9.
If that doesn't work, press Shift+F9 to display the field code and look at
the code. An example might be
{ INCLUDETEXT "chap_02.doc" }
Make sure all characters are correct, including spaces.

Regards, Dave Chisma