How Many Topics are in your Help System?

Subject: How Many Topics are in your Help System?
From: David Demyan <dbdemyan -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, WINHLP-L <winhlp-l -at- admin -dot- humberc -dot- on -dot- ca>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 21:29:14 -0400

Colleagues,

As part of a project I am working on, I would like to ask
how many topics you have in your help system(s). This
information is needed for sizing guidelines for project
estimation where I work as a help author.

a. How many topics total?

b. Is the software commercial (off-the-shelf) for a large
user base or custom for a small user base?

c. What percentage of the topics are full-sized versus
popups, typically used for definitions, glossary items,
and the like?

Please respond to sender. Thank you. I will post results
within a week.

David B. Demyan
on contract at Telcordia Technologies, Inc.