Re: Advice for Job Seekers

Subject: Re: Advice for Job Seekers
From: "warrinerdeweese" <warrinerdeweese -at- email -dot- msn -dot- com>
To: "Scottie Lover" <iluvscotties -at- mindspring -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 17:12:57 -0700

I guess I wonder why all the emphasis on your past boss? the person being
interviewed and potentially hired is you. Seems like the interviewer would
want to focus on the subject rather than the subject's former boss. The
reasons people leave jobs, look for others, etc, are so varied they often
have little bearing on the current interview situation. And even if it was
a negative relationship, most likely both candidate and candidate's former
boss will put a rosier shine on it than the truth warrants. I believe after
24 years in government and management, there are far better questions to ask
and more germane topics to cover in interviews.

Pat Warriner DeWeese
http://www.writesolutions.org