Re: Summary of re: Hey knock it off

Subject: Re: Summary of re: Hey knock it off
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- jci -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 10:00:26 -0500

>Congratulations, all--you found the typos in my original message. But it
seems >that my points (that sloppy writing hurts all of us--and that a lot
of the >mistakes I've seen on this list are not typos) were lost.

You ran afoul of the great ghod corflu (who has lately been looking for
something more to do) and so suffered his wrath.

It's a hard and fast Law Of The Internet (which corflu has deigned to
enforce) that any post which criticizes spelling or grammar will itself
contain errors. That's why such posts are futile, and Not To Be Indulged
In.

You might as well have been raging against gravity. That's why the points
were ignored.

If we had the time to carefully proof our messages for the nuances of
grammar and the odd typo, we'd not be getting much of anything else done,
now, would we?

Speaking only for myself on this issue: If you're paying me, you have a
right to expect my writing to be clear, concise, clean and correct. If not,
you'll settle for what I have the time to give you. Period. You don't like
it, I'll cheerfully refund the money you paid me for it.

Oh, and an aside for those of you jumping on Andrew for his moronism: I'd
have said the same thing, but I'd have used the more precise technical
term: "bozo." Neither terms are terms of contempt. I prefer "bozo" because
I laugh at clowns. And yes, I'm a "bozo", too. I think we're all bozos on
this list. (Now *there's* and obscure reference, eh?)

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224