Re: Maybe We Need a New Job Title - Summary

Subject: Re: Maybe We Need a New Job Title - Summary
From: Dianne Blake <write-it -at- home -dot- com>
To: Techwriter <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 12:15:51 -0700

"Higgins, Lisa" wrote:

There are quite a few people with the title 'technical writer' who would
be better described as 'information architect,' for example; but if
every tech writer started calling him or herself an 'information
architect,' the term would become almost completely meaningless.
======

Lisa, you are right. There are technical writers and then there are
folks who wear many hats. I think that some employers forget that when
they write an ad that requires more than technical writing skills.
Employers need to be educated so that they realize there is definitely a
difference.

- Dianne Blake :D
write-it -at- home -dot- com