Importance of Technical Writing

Subject: Importance of Technical Writing
From: Sona Mehta <sona -dot- mehta -at- haysmt -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 11:15:52 +0100

Hello friends,
Please do forgive me if I am starting a discussion on the often beaten
topic, but I cannot resist myself. I need your help. I want to know how
do I try and explain the importance of the work I do to a group of
non-receptive developers who think of TWs as 'glorified typists'. I have
been in this profession for sometime now and I feel that quiet a few
developers don't know much about this profession and therefore don't
give much importance to it. I thought of giving a presentation to the
developers in my office, telling them about TW in general. Any
ideas?????? Do you think this will be a good start?

Hoping to get lots of ideas and suggestions

TIA
Cheers
Sona