RE: Performance Appraisal Dilemma

Subject: RE: Performance Appraisal Dilemma
From: "Halter, Meg" <HalterMC -at- navair -dot- navy -dot- mil>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 10:19:49 -0700

Steve wrote:

> My simple accomplishment bullet point now reads:
>
> "Entered discovery mode to identify spreadsheets and macros -- Steve
> sought
> out diverse resources to determine a place to start the discovery process
> (PASSION TO SUCCEED/ Initiative). In addition to inquiries made to the
> RSSAs, he contacted sundry support groups and other technical resources in
> order to establish scope and to communicate the initiative with minimal
> direction from his Team Leader. (SHARING WITH OTHERS/Teamwork) Steve
> took
> advantage of sundry technologies to facilitate the discovery process, such
> as e-mail, Internet searches, and reference manuals (DRIVING CREATIVITY
> INTO
> EVERYTHING WE DO/Innovation)."

And I thought the US government was bureaucratic! Are you sure your
coworker isn't joking? Sheesh!

> Does anyone have any recommendations on how to proceed?

If you really do have to do this, maybe rewrite the text in English,
but keep the buzzwords in paretheses to (1) highlight them for the
point-haired and (2) make the rest readable for everyone else. Or maybe find
other bosses? Wow!

-- Meg