Re: Layout program or markup language

Subject: Re: Layout program or markup language
From: Chris Kowalchuk <chris -at- bdk -dot- net>
To: Micaela Kayser <Mica -dot- Kayser -at- topcall -dot- co -dot- at>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 16:23:18 -0400

Since your options appear to be open, may I suggest that you also look
seriously at Corel Ventura instead of FrameMaker.

-it is just as powerful in most repects, if not moreso in some
-it is much cheaper to buy
-it includes a utility for formatting and publishing information
directly from a Database (over 20 database formats supported--Corel
Database Publisher)
-it can import/export just about any graphics format under the sun

Anyway, you don't need the promo from me, but might want to check it out
at Corel.com. I see very little mention of it on the list, but that is a
shame because it really is a powerful program (especially version 8). I
suspect it might be used more commonly in Europe than it is in North
America, as Corel seems to have a stronger European presence for some of
its products.

Chris Kowalchuk