Re: Performance Appraisal Dilemma

Subject: Re: Performance Appraisal Dilemma
From: BlaineBachman -at- bia -dot- gov
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 14:49:41 -0600

Steve-

Glad to see that the corporate world's penchant for B.S. continues to know
no bounds. Having had to write my own report in my last "permanent
employee" position (not to mention 14 years in the USAF), I'd have to agree
that your co-worker has you on the right track. Any chance you get to
squeeze in the terms "single-handedly" or "synergy" (is that one still
good?) should be pounced on as well.

Keep in mind that you probably can't go too wrong with the final product
since you are essentially ghost-writing for your boss (who likely has the
real responsibility to craft the rating); it won't get past him/her until
he/she is satisfied - just don't put it through too many cycles or your
credibility with him/her will suffer!

-Blaine

For the egoist has so far the advantage over every other species of
devotee, that his idol is ever present. --Catherine Gore