ADMIN: Re: Available: Senior Tech Writer in NJ

Subject: ADMIN: Re: Available: Senior Tech Writer in NJ
From: Eric Ray <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>
To: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 11:54:17 -0600

> Good afternoon.
>
> My contract at Merck Pharm is ending April 28th.
> Effective the beginning of May, I'll be available for
> placement.
>
> I'm a senior level technical writer with over 15 years
> Current resume in Word format available upon request.

This kind of posting really isn't appropriate for the list--
a far better approach would be to simply include your
profile and availability in the TECHWR-L Employment
Central at http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/employment/
Similarly, you could look for job postings there--
107 job postings, including 2 new today, the last
time I checked.

Just as job announcements and event announcements aren't
appropriate for the discussion forum, availability announcements
aren't either. They all detract from the flow of discussion,
don't necessarily target the audience for such an announcement
effectively, and are simply better handled in other
ways.

The _reason_ we provide the Calendar, Employment Central,
and the daily ad posting is to ensure that there _is_
an appropriate forum for event announcements, job announcements,
and availability announcements, so please do take advantage
of those options, rather than posting announcements to the list.

Thanks!
Eric