Re: Negotiation questions

Subject: Re: Negotiation questions
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- okvotech -dot- org>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 10:22:06 -0500

> Her secondary concern is negotiating for time to start. She can't rent
> because she has pets, but she won't be able to close on a house for at
> least 60 days.

Since everyone else has addressed the salary/bonus part of your questions so
well, I'll address this part. You said the company is located near a school...
based on my personal experience, and that of family and friends, it's much easier
to find pet-friendly housng (apartment *or* rental house) in a college town. She
should investigate her housing options before making a decision based on
something that may turn out to be a non-issue. I personally would prefer to rent
a year before buying a home in an unknown city anyway.

Tracy
Oklahoma Department of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc