Re: RFPs ?

Subject: Re: RFPs ?
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- okvotech -dot- org>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 13:50:46 -0500

> A recruiter asked if I had ever done RFPs (request for proposal ?) as a TW,
> what
> is this? What are the topics covered in the document? what format is used? I
> am clueless.

RFP stands for Request For Proposal. It's similar to an invitation to bid. It's
a document that describes what your company wants (product or service), and it
can be done in great detail or in rather vague terms depending upon how concrete
your needs are. Here's a sample of one of ours:
http://okvotech.org/cimc/cimcrfp1.pdf

However, some people use the term RFP when they're actually referring to a
~proposal~, which is the response to the RFP. So it would probably be in your
best interest to become familiar with that as well. The proposal simply answers
the RFP and tells what you can provide to meet the request. A good one will
match the RFP and will list, point by point, how you will meeds the needs
outlined in the RFP.

Tracy
Oklahoma Department of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc