RE: Trying to flee to the USA

Subject: RE: Trying to flee to the USA
From: Lisa McG------- <LMcG------- -at- thefund -dot- com>
To: "'J.C. Morel'" <jcmorel -at- hotmail -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 10:06:11 -0400

A friend of mine from when I used to live in Memphis is an Irish computer
programmer who came to the U.S. in the early 1990s to work on contract
(probably for an agency that sets up contracts). He didn't seem to have much
trouble being able to do this and he isn't married to anyone in the U.S.,
has no U.S. kin. He still works in the U.S. Assumedly the same would be
possible for tech writers. I am more skeptical of the chances of a U.S.
citizen working in England without being married to someone over there.