RE: Trying to flee to the USA

Subject: RE: Trying to flee to the USA
From: Aoidìn Scully <ascully -at- flexicom -dot- com>
To: "'Lisa McG-------'" <LMcG------- -at- thefund -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 15:53:02 +0100

As far as I know, for an Irish citizen to be able to work in the States,
you have to have either won a visa in a US lottery (Morrison, J-1 etc.)
or, if it's a US company that's bringing you across, they have to prove
that no one in the whole US can do they job that you can do. Great if
you're a tech-head programmer with obscure skills, not so great if
you're a technical writer, I think ("No, no one else can write that
manual, honest, guv!")

Aoidin