Call for Articles

Subject: Call for Articles
From: Michael Gos <mgos -at- lee -dot- edu>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 10:40:09 -0500

Call for proposals for articles for the book:

Technical Communication in the Global Environment:
Issues for the Workplace and the University

You are invited to propose articles for a new anthology on international
aspects of technical communications. We are interested in proposals in the
area "Technical Writing in the International Environment."

The job of technical communicator has changed over the last few years as
commerce has internationalized. What new skills are needed? What kinds of
new documents are we seeing? What are the issues facing technical
communicators involved in localization and translation? We are interested
in articles from technical communicators who work in the international
environment. The intended audience for this book will be university
professors who want to know about the changes brought on by the
increasingly global nature of technical communications work. They would
like to better prepare their students for that environment.

We are especially interested in articles examining writing for Europe,
Africa and the Pacific Rim, although we certainly are open to articles
regarding the western hemisphere as well.

Please send a 200 word proposal now. Articles will be due August 1, 2000

Send proposals to:

Dr. Michael Gos
Division of English and Communications
Lee College
Baytown, TX 77522-0818

or e-mail a Microsoft Word attachment (or in the e-mail text itself) to:

mgos -at- lee -dot- edu