Re: XML, tech writing, Intercom

Subject: Re: XML, tech writing, Intercom
From: Christi <christi -at- sageinst -dot- COM>
To: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- quodata -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 08:57:56 -0700

on 4/27/00 8:32 AM, Brierley, Sean wrote:

> I wonder, how many tech writers on this list are using XML, are comfortable
> with XML and know how it will affect the profession, have heard of XML, are
> interested in hearing of XML, or don't care about XML? Thoughts about this
> and about XML?

I would love to see the entire article as originally proposed. I don't use
XML, though I have heard of it. I think I've read one of Intercom's articles
on it before, but it was above my current level of experience.
I don't do "single sourcing" (that I know of). And I must admit that I'm not
sure exactly why I might want to use XML (other than I like learning new
things).
I am most looking forward to getting the URL for the final presentation
paper by John.

Christi Carew
Technical Writer

Sage Instruments
Freedom, CA, USA
www.sageinst.com

- Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old
people are works of art.