RE: Screen Captures in UNIX

Subject: RE: Screen Captures in UNIX
From: "Kevin Shea" <kfshea -at- sci-techconsult -dot- com>
To: "TS" <tenglish -at- banet -dot- net>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 23:22:37 -0500

Does anyone know how to do screen captures in UNIX? Can you recommend any
tools?

Tara,

I am in the middle of evaluating a trial version of Easy Copy 6.0, from AGI
(AutoGraph International) for use on a Linux box. It includes several other
utilities beyond a capture utility, but I really only need to capture and
convert graphics files, so that's all I've looked at. I think it works well
and will probably spring for it.

The price is $149 for the Linux version, but the UNIX flavor versions may be
substantially higher. It's also ported to NT and Win98.

AGI is located on the web at www.augrin.com

HTH

Kevin

Kevin F. Shea