Template design

Subject: Template design
From: melonie -dot- mcmichael -at- amd -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:40:55 -0500

Howdy, Yall:

I'm redesigning our templates and would like the benefit
of the incredible experience on this list <flatter, flatter>.

I have been asked to design docs for electronic distribution
yet make them printable, rather than the other way around.
I have read a bit of information on this and I have searched
the archives so I know about basic online design. So, what
works? What doesn't? What do you wish you had done
when designing your templates? Success stories? Disasters?
Pitfalls?

The next issue: we will be porting docs between Frame and
Word and back again. I am working on reducing the amount
of transporting, but it WILL be a regular occurrence. Do any
of you have input on the best way to design a template to
transfer between Word and Frame? Same type of questions:
what works? what doesn't?

It's great to read the theories, but I would love some real world
experience.

Melonie (Lonie) McMichael
Tech Doc Coordinator
AMD-CPD
mailto:melonie -dot- mcmichael -at- amd -dot- com