RE: Five little questions

Subject: RE: Five little questions
From: "MacDonald, Stephen" <Stephen -dot- MacDonald -at- Aspect -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 08:30:15 -0400

With no knowledge of the context, it's tough to judge how helpful the
answers to those questions will be.
Which, IMO, proves the point of your wanting to do contextual inquiry to
begin with. Done correctly, the contextual inquiry process itself reveals
the questions you should be asking.

I would not give up on getting cooperation for a full contextual inquiry
process. I have experienced the same sort of response from account reps and
field people. For the most part the pushback was coming from fear that I
would be starting something in their account that would cause them a
headache later. I was able to make some gains by finding a way to include
them in the process.

Good luck. It's worth the effort.

Steve MacDonald
Aspect Telecommunications, Inc.