XML anyone?

Subject: XML anyone?
From: "John Prince" <JPrince -at- e-talkcorp -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2000 10:57 -0600

"I agree, XML is a moving target, as is HTML (now at, what, version 4 plus
all the browser differences)"

And there won't be a version 5 (it's called XHTML 1.0).

"Visual Basic, for example, are changing, maturing, and
adding features"

VB has become so easy, I taught it to my wife so she can create her own "fun"
programs. ;-)

And as for the "Do we really need to know XML?" question . . . I remember a
similar question about five years ago in our industry--"Do we really need to
know HTML?"

I recently read a job description that listed "At least knowing what XML is" as
a plus. Geez! Imagine how marketable one would be if they actually knew how to
*use* XML. I guess it's up to the individual. I personally like to learn
anything I can get my hands on. I know VB, Java, Perl, SQL, etc. However, I
hardly ever use any of these (except SQL for our tutorials), but I'm glad I
learned them.

Just my opinion.

-jp

p.s. I also agree with everyone about the XML Bible. I think it's the best. And
I'll here is one of my favorite XML sites:

http://www.xml-zone.com/

Teknekron Infoswitch is now e-talk Corporation. Visit our website at www.e-talkcorp.com.