RE: Shareware

Subject: RE: Shareware
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: chas -at- fcs -dot- uga -dot- edu, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 13:39:25 -0700 (PDT)

I had to be the nasty in this, but I've been this a number of
years and I can't afford all of the software that I need. Yet,
one of the reasons that some of them get the price they do is
because they have no equiv.

It sounds like you are looking to be on your own..otherwise, the
company you work for would supply what you must have...maybe
you're still in school and have read the glowing reports of
making big-bucks as a contractor or freelancer? We don't get the
money becuase we own the tools...we get the money becuase we own
the experience.

Unfort., if a client requests Frame or RH, or Illustrator, etc.,
that's what you need...either figure out a way (such as edu
discount) or buy an obsolete version real cheap and pay for the
upgrade

>> I am a newbie to this field. I can't afford the
>> prices for the software that I really need
>> (framemaker, robohelp, etc). I was wondering if
>> anyone knew of some shareware equivalents, and if
>> so, what types of experiences have you had with
>> shareware?

You get what you pay for...there will be exceptions, but they
are just that...the exceptions.

=====
John Posada
jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com
john -at- tdandw -dot- com
732-291-7811
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin

http://im.yahoo.com/